Homemade Minestrone Soup is a timeless recipe that everyone should know how to make. With its endless variations, this recipe can be all that you desire – vegetarian, vegan, or even gluten-free.
Above all, it’s just a great way to add more nutrients and color to your diet.
Healthy eating has become a part of most people’s daily routine, and what better way to nourish your body than with a bowl of homemade soup chock-full of veggies and beans?
This easy-to-make Minestrone Soup recipe is a perfect example of healthy, hearty eating that’s also delicious.
And, we’re running out of time! Summer is not a “soup season” for me. So, my soup loving appetite is needing a bowl — gotta have it now! In fact, it’s what’s for dinner tonight. And so, I’m sharing another of my delicious soup recipes with you while it’s still on the cool side weather-wise. At least it is here in the PNW.
So, grab your apron and get cooking – your taste buds will thank you!
Here’s what you’ll need (but feel free to replace with your favorite veggies, it’s perfectly fine to do so!)
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli*
- 1 cup of chopped cauliflower*
- 6 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
*I use frozen chopped broccoli and cauliflower
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and saute until they’re both translucent and fragrant.
2. Add the oregano and basil and saute for another minute.
3. Add the can of diced tomatoes with their juices and cook until slightly thickened.
4. Add the zucchini and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the vegetable broth and bring everything to a boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
7. Add the kidney beans, white beans, broccoli and cauliflower, and let it cook for another 5 minutes or so.
8. Season with salt and pepper to your preference.
Serve hot and grated with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe makes a lot of soup, so you can easily pack some for later and enjoy the soup throughout the week. And just like that, you have a delicious, hearty, and healthy meal that’s perfect!
Oh yes! A steaming bowl of homemade minestrone soup packed with fresh vegetables and hearty beans is the epitome of comfort food.
But just how nutritious is this ultimate Italian comfort dish?
Well, fear not my fellow health-conscious foodies, because I’m here to break down the nutrition facts lurking within each spoonful of this herbaceous soup.
Boasting a rainbow of veggies from tomatoes to zucchini, this minestrone soup contains a plethora of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium.
And let’s not forget about the protein punch from the white beans, which will leave you feeling fuller for longer.
So go ahead and indulge in a bowl (or two) of this nutritious and delicious homemade Minestrone soup, guilt-free!
In case you want more, here are all of my yummy soup recipes. (And the list will keep growing!)
You might be interested in these bestselling soup bowls because you’re going to need bigger bowls!
- Multifunctional Kitchen Bowl: 6 inches in diameter, 2.7 inches deep, every kitchen should have one. Better for oatmeal, soup, cereal, rice, fruit and anything you like.
- A Reactive Glaze, A Timeless Classic: Our cereal bowls stand out with a dull single color for a more attractive look and a pleasant dining experience. The beautiful simulated glaze will add color to your meal at any time.
- Very Thick, Very Durable: medium weight and a comfortable feel. Unlike other products, the thicker bowl resists chips and cracks when used in the dishwasher. The durability and edge strength will ensure years of use.
- Dishwasher and Oven Safe: Smooth, tightly glazed surface is devoid of food residue and odors. The glazed bottom makes it easy to clean, just put it in the dishwasher or water.
- Lead and Cadmium Free: Our soup bowls are made of high quality porcelain clay and high grade glaze, approved for quality. A great bowl for your healthy life. Shatter-resistant and stronger!
- Unique Design: This glitter cereal bowl set of 6, featuring vibrant colors and intricate geometric patterns will sure to impress! The 23oz ceramic bowl set are the perfect addition to any modern kitchen, adding pop of color and style to your dinnerware collection.
- Healthy Porcelain: Unlike other material, dowan ceramic bowls make of high quality material, have no harmful plastics, cadmium or lead. Never worry about harmful substance leaching into your food. Microwave, dishwasher, oven and refrigerator safe.
- Versatile Usage: Vibrant color soup bowls are 6 inch in diameter and hold up to 23 oz. These bowls for kitchen are great choice for serving soups, cereal, salad, pasta, dessert, snack, breakfast oatmeal, ice cream or bouillon. Suitable for family dinners, food storage, restaurant service, party, housewarming gifts and holiday gifts.
- Easy to Clean & Space Saving: Dishwasher, microwave, freezer, and oven safe up to 482°F; You can wash them with cleanser and put them into your dishwasher. Bowls designed with space-saving style can stack compactly and free up enough space for other dining set in the kitchen cabinet.
- Lightweight & Durable: This colorful ceramic bowl set are designed with space-saving style and smooth round edges. They are light to hold even for kids. Super sturdy and durable with long-lasting material blocking moisture absorption.
- VERSATILE BOWL TO YOUR TABLE: Diameter: 6 inches. Limit Capacity: 26 oz. More than favorable to serve a bowl of oatmeal, soup, cereals, rice, fruits, and anything you like.
- HOUSE WARMING GIFT IDEA:Each bowl has a different pattern embossment. The outside of the bowl is embossment. The inner glaze is a smooth ceramic surface. New homeowners will like the timeless farmhouse look of these bowls.
- DISHWASHER MICROWAVE & OVEN SAFE: Smooth and tightly glazed surfaces are free of food residue and odors. Easy to clean, just put them in a dishwasher or water.
- LEAD AND CADMIUM FREE: Our cereal bowls are made of high-quality ceramic clay and high-grade glaze, which have quality approved. Better bowl for your healthy life. Chip-resistant and more sturdy!
- STACKABLE FOR SAVE SPACE: These Le Tauci bowls are stackable and don’t take up cabinet space. Better stacking make sure it won't get many scratches when you stack them. You can even appreciate it as a decoration.