Are you ready to take your soup game to a whole new level?
If so, then you’re going to love this recipe for mushroom soup with spinach! This creamy and savory soup is full of flavor and the perfect comfort food. Plus, it’s easy to make—even beginners can whip up this dish in no time.
So, let’s get cooking!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 cups of mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 32 ounces of vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (each)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups spinach leaves (torn)
- Chopped green onions for garnish (optional)
Mushroom Soup – Cooking Instructions
– First, melt the butter and olive oil together in a large pot over medium heat.
– Once melted, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is soft and fragrant.
– Next, add the sliced mushrooms and cook until they are tender and lightly browned.
– Then, stir in the flour until everything is well combined.
– Pour in the vegetable or chicken broth and bring to a low boil.
– Add the salt, pepper, smoked paprika, heavy cream, and torn spinach leaves.
– Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes until everything is cooked through.
Serve immediately with chopped green onions as a garnish if desired.
This recipe for Mushroom Soup makes approximately 4-6 servings. It is hearty enough to serve as a main dish, or can be served as an appetizer or side dish. The amount of servings you get out of this recipe will depend on the size of your portions and how hungry your guests are!
Mushrooms are Nutrient-Rich Functional Foods!
This soup is a great source of essential nutrients. It contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are beneficial for overall health.
First and foremost, it is an excellent source of dietary fiber thanks to the vegetables used in the recipe—namely mushrooms and spinach. This helps promote digestive regularity and keep you feeling full and satisfied.
Additionally, the garlic and olive oil used in this recipe provide healthy monounsaturated fats that can help improve your heart health.
Finally, this soup contains a variety of vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A from the spinach leaves, Vitamin C from the vegetables, and magnesium from the mushrooms.
The amount of calories will depend on the exact ingredients used. However, a general estimate per serving is roughly 176 calories per serving. This number is based on the assumption that 4 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil are used, as well as 32 ounces of vegetable broth.
There’s nothing like a hot bowl of savory mushroom soup on a cold winter day! With this recipe for mushroom soup with spinach, you can enjoy an incredibly tasty dish that’s surprisingly easy to make at home—even for beginners! So grab your ingredients—it’s time to get cooking!
Learn more about mushrooms as Nutrient-Rich Functional Foods >