This pulled pork tacos recipe is the perfect meal for any occasion! If your pulled pork is already cooked, this meal comes together quickly and easily. If not, we cover that, too! Plus, this recipe is a great way to use up leftovers. And tacos are always a hit with kids and adults alike. So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious pulled pork tacos recipe, look no further!
Why pulled pork?
It is a type of meat that is commonly used in tacos. It is a good source of protein and is relatively inexpensive. It is also very versatile and can be cooked in a variety of ways.
What you’ll need for preparing pulled pork:
-1 pork roast (5-6 pounds)
-2 tablespoons paprika
-1 tablespoon chili powder
-1 tablespoon garlic powder
-1 tablespoon onion powder
-1 teaspoon black pepper
-1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
-1/2 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/4 cup vegetable oil
-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1/4 cup yellow mustard
- Combine the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork roast.
- In a large bowl or ziplock bag, combine the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, and chicken broth. Add the pork roast and coat evenly with the marinade. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours if you have the time.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pork roast in a roasting pan, and pour the remaining marinade over top. Spread the yellow mustard over the pork roast.
- Bake in the oven for 3-4 hours, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before shredding with a fork or cutting into slices.
- Serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Instructions & Ingredients for the Tacos
– pulled pork
– 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1/2 cup salsa
– 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/4 teaspoon cumin
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1/8 teaspoon salt
– 8-10 soft taco shells
– 1 cup shredded lettuce
– 1 tomato, diced
– 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. In a large bowl, mix together pulled pork, black beans, salsa, BBQ sauce, sour cream, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt.
2. Spoon mixture into taco shells.
3. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheddar cheese and sour cream – or your favorite veggies and toppings.
Yield: 8-10 tacos
Btw, Pulled pork is not just for tacos!
There are so many recipes using pulled pork the possibilities are endless! Just use your imagination and get creative. Here are some ideas:
– potato skins
– mac and cheese
– stuffed sweet potatoes
About the spices:
Cumin is a spice that is commonly used in Mexican cuisine. It gives food a smoky, earthy flavor and can be found in most grocery stores. Cumin works well in this recipe because it pairs well with the other spices and adds a depth of flavor to the tacos.
Chili powder is a spice that is commonly used in Mexican cuisine. It gives food a smoky, earthy flavor and can be found in most grocery stores. Chili powder works well in this recipe because it pairs well with the other spices and adds a depth of flavor to the tacos.
-If you don’t have pulled pork on hand, you could use shredded chicken or beef in this recipe.
-As a vegetarian option, you could use tofu or tempeh.
-You could also swap out the taco shells for burrito tortillas or use pulled pork to make nachos.
-Get creative and use whatever toppings you like on your tacos! Try different cheeses, diced avocado, chopped cilantro, etc.
Q: What type of pork should I use for this recipe?
A: You can use any type of pork for this recipe. However, you could get pork that is already cooked so this meal comes together quickly and easily.
Q: Can I use another type of cheese in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you like. However, we recommend using cheddar cheese because it has a sharp, tangy flavor that pairs well with the other ingredients in this recipe.
Q: Can I make these tacos ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make pulled pork tacos ahead of time. Simply prepare the tacos as directed and then store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat the tacos in the microwave or oven.
Q: What should I serve with pulled pork tacos?
A: There are a number of things that you can serve with pulled pork tacos. Some popular sides include refried beans, rice, salsa, and guacamole.
After all that, you may be wondering is pork good for you?
Pork is an excellent source of protein and essential nutrients, including thiamin, zinc, selenium, and vitamin B12. It can help you meet your daily nutrient needs and may provide health benefits, such as supporting muscle growth and maintenance. However, pork also contains saturated fat and cholesterol, so it’s important to choose leaner cuts and cook them in a healthy way to minimize these risks. Enjoy pulled pork in moderation as part of a healthy, well-rounded diet. For more information on this, check out this article.