This shrimp and fried rice recipe is perfect for those who want to enjoy a delicious seafood dish without all the hassle.
The perfectly cooked shrimp paired with crispy fried rice and a simple vegetable medley, makes this an easy and tasty meal that everyone will love.
Are you looking for a perfect seafood dish to make at home? Shrimp is a great option and this recipe makes it easy.
The key to perfect shrimp is in the cooking time. You don’t want to overcook them or they will be rubbery. This recipe gives you perfectly cooked shrimp every time.
No matter what method you use to cook shrimp, there are a few key things to keep in mind to ensure perfect results every time.
First, always start with fresh or properly frozen shrimp. Thawed shrimp should be plump and moist, not dry or rubbery.
Second, don’t overcook! Shrimp cook very quickly and become tough and rubbery when overcooked. A good rule of thumb is to cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are pink and slightly opaque.
To get started, here is an easy recipe for shrimp and fried rice. This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight meal or dinner party.
- 1 lb fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
2. Add shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until pink and slightly opaque.
3. Add cooked rice, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, until everything is heated through. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Crispy fried rice:
1. Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add eggs and scramble until just set.
2. Add rice and shrimp, stirring to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through and rice is crispy.
3. Toss in a simple vegetable medley, such as peas, carrots, peppers (whatever is your pleasure!) .
Or make a simple vegetable medley to serve on the side.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, broccoli, and snap peas. Stir to combine.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
This dish is an easy and tasty meal to cook because it only requires a few simple ingredients and steps. Plus, it is a healthy choice because shrimp is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, as well as low in calories.