Ditch the takeout and learn how to make this satisfying dinner at home with this step-by-step recipe.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy 20-minute dinner of teriyaki beef and noodles recipe, you found it! Perk up your cooking skills and whip up this delicious meal faster than you can say teriyaki!
The world of Asian cuisine is full of unique flavors, aromas, and textures, and it’s no wonder why so many people are drawn to its allure. Savoring the flavors of an exquisite Asian dish is always a treat for the palate and the senses. Tonight’s dinner option, teriyaki beef and rice noodles, is no exception.
What makes it Asian inspired?
When it comes to Asian-inspired recipes, there are certain elements that are often present, from the use of exotic spices and herbs to the incorporation of fresh, seasonal ingredients.
A recipe might be considered Asian-inspired if it features bold flavors like ginger, garlic, and curry, or if it highlights ingredients like rice, noodles, or tofu.
For many, Asian-inspired cuisine is all about balance- the balance of sweet, salty, sour, and spicy flavors that come together to create a culinary masterpiece.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or someone who’s just starting to explore the world of cooking, experimenting with Asian-inspired recipes can be a fun and flavorful way to bring a little excitement to your kitchen.
This scrumptious meal offers a healthy nutritional punch with a mix of lean protein from beef and complex carbohydrates derived from noodles. Not only is it delicious, but it comes in at a reasonable calorie count, providing a satisfying yet light meal option.
So, go ahead… indulge in a dish that satiates your cravings!
Teriyaki Beef and Noodles – Ingredients:
- 1 pound of beef sirloin
- 1 pack of rice noodles
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- ¾ cup of water
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Cook rice noodles according to the package instructions, then drain them and set them aside.
- In a bowl, mix soy sauce, water, honey, garlic, and cornstarch. Set the mixture aside.
- Heat up sesame oil in a pan (medium high heat), then add the beef slices, browning sides.
- Add onion to the pan and sauté until tender.
- Pour in the soy sauce mixture and stir everything together.
- Cook for a few minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the ingredients.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and carefully mix together and serve!
Tips for success:
→ Cut the beef in strips or small chunks so it cooks quickly and evenly.
→ To get the most flavorful beef possible, heat up your skillet to a high heat and quickly brown the meat for a couple of minutes.
→ While the meat simmers in the sauce, boil the rice noodles until they’re cooked to your desired texture.
→ Make sure you don’t overcook the vegetables, as you want them to have a bit of crunch and texture.
→ Adjust the amount of honey to your preference to make the sauce sweeter or less sweet.
Stirring up a teriyaki beef and rice noodle dinner is impressive, but choosing an inventive garnish can take the meal to new heights.
- A sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds provides an earthy crunch to the savory dish
- Sliced avocado adds a creamy contrast
- For those who crave heat, a drizzle of Sriracha sauce will pack a spicy punch
- Need a pop of color? Pickled ginger, shredded carrots, and sliced scallions have got you covered
- Don’t want to make the sauce from scratch? Buy it!
No matter which way you go, your taste buds will thank you for adding an extra layer of flavor to this already delectable dish.
Don’t have any rice noodles? No problem!
What other type of noodle should you use in this already mouthwatering recipe? There are plenty of options out there, such as thick and chewy udon noodles.
You could even switch things up with buckwheat soba noodles for a nutty and earthy flavor.
There’s almost always spaghetti noodles in the pantry. Yes! They would work perfectly in place of rice noodles, believe it or not!
In a pinch, simply serve teriyaki beef and rice!
How’s that for options?!
The possibilities are endless with these versatile noodles, each bringing a unique texture and taste to the table. So why not get creative and try something new? Who knows, you may just discover a new favorite type of noodle in the process.
Making a teriyaki beef and rice noodles dinner doesn’t have to be complicated or intimidating. With a few pantry staples and simple steps, you can create a satisfying and delicious meal in no time.
Tantalize your taste buds with this fantastic meal that is perfect for a cozy night in or a dinner party with friends. You won’t even need to order takeout!